Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Word from Felix

Dear Shannon:

It's been a while since I've checked in with you. I thought I should see if things are going okay before it happens again. I was pretty convinced you had lost your mind about a year ago this time...but you really sealed the deal for me in October to know it was true. I didn't say anything when I saw it coming...I kept thinking, "Nah, this will pass....no reason to worry." Little did I know, you really had lost your mind and by the time that four-legged-spawn of the devil came crashing through the door, it was too late.

And now we are stuck with him. With Jake. The decision you made. And don't blame Randy. We've heard him lately, loud and clear. Randy calls him "your dog" for a reason. I will admit, he is really well-disguised and presents at first like a cute, lovable puppy.


Despite his cute face, he might be the worst behaved animal I've ever seen. As soon as he gets around Olivia, you seem to forget how he races through the house knocking over furniture like a tornado and how he's so out of control at times your head looks like it's spinning off. He has you wrapped around that big fat clumsy paw of his. He's playing you...and he knows it.



And the goofier he gets, the more he has to step it up. I watched him process that idea just the other day. He realized you were about ready to kill him so he stooped to an all time low and shoved his big puppy head in right by Alexis. I watched him use that poor, innocent baby to make himself look like a hero. And you fell for it! "Randy!! Quick...get the camera! This is so cute...oh my gosh!" Insert eye roll here. Maybe two eye rolls in fact.

Jake is a master manipulator. He's smart enough to be a cat. The devil in disguise....who jumps on my back, tortures the other cats too, bites Fred's butt while Fred is sleeping....such a little jerk. How about the fact that Randy can't even get him in the cage at times? Randy tries to say, "Go to bed, Jake." That's translation for, "Get in the cage-before-I-kill-you-now!" And Jake won't do it. Do you really think Olivia just leads him in there like Jesus led the people?

I don't think so. It's part of the act.

He knows it's super cute that a 16 month old can get him in the cage. And then it's especially cute to let her climb in with him. As soon as he hears, "Quick, Randy! Get the camera!" he knows he's golden. He bought his meal ticket for another day.


And this picture above...yeah, that's right....he bought his meal ticket for at least a week with that one.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Love,
Felix











1 comment:

  1. ROTFL!!! OMG that is adorable. And I know it's how Felix feels!!! He told me last time we were there... when he felt it safe enough to come out of hiding. Jake is a terror and we all know it... funny too.

    ReplyDelete